Saturday, December 20, 2008

Wow -- what a change!

You would never know that the frightened shut down dog I brought home on Thursday night is the same dog I have in my home today!

Friday we had a snowstorm - about a foot of snow came down and made all our lives miserable. I had plans to go hiking with a friend, and we decided to try snowshoeing instead. Mystic, of course came with me, and I decided to take Bonnie as well. She seems pretty energetic and hasn't seemed to mind the snow.

She wasn't excited to meet Ruth, but nor was she afraid of her. Ruth gave her a few treats before we started out. Bonnie did great - was running through the snow on a flexi-lead without any problems.

We ran into a group of people, and she was wary of them -- came running over to me for security. But she wasn't terrified either. I'll be interested in the coming weeks to see how she does with other people that she meets.

We're home now, and she's sound asleep. Not only is she tired from all the exercise, but she feels safe. I'm glad I can give her that.

No comments:

Post a Comment