Friday, December 19, 2008

I Lost Her!

Well - not permanently, but I was a bit worried.

I made Bonnie sleep in my bedroom last night. She found a spot in the corner of the room around the corner of the dresser. I think she learned that the only way she was safe was to stay out of the way and be quiet -- anything else resulted in punishment. The more I get to know this dog, the angrier I get at her former owners!

This morning we were socked with about a foot of snow. When I came back in there was no sign of Bonnie! I looked everywhere - in the bathroom (even in the tub!), in the kitchen, under the bed. I even checked the entire house twice and still couldn't find her. I was worried, even though I knew she HAD to be in the house somewhere.

I should have listened better to Mystic. Several times he stood and pointed to the area behind the stairway, but because I'd already checked there twice I ignored it. Finally I checked a third time, and found her hiding in corner between the wall and an old TV. Poor thing was too scared to come out.

I ended up pulling her out and putting her in my bedroom with some food and water. She hadn't eaten or drank since I brought her home, and I was hoping she'd feel more comfortable if we all left her alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment