Friday, December 19, 2008

Tremendous Progress


I had a hard time finishing that last post because something wonderful happened. Bonnie suddenly came out of her corner and started pacing. First she jumped up on the other couch and looked out the window. Then she came over to where I was sitting and stood in front of me. I was very touched when she not only allowed me to pet her, but seemed very much to enjoy it.

But the best part was that she suddenly jumped up on the couch I was sitting on, and layed down on my lap. She decided that I was trustworthy, that I wouldn't hurt her, and she needed me. I am so happy for her -- I never would have thought that she would come so far today. I truly expected that I would spend the next few weeks trying to build up her trust.

I think this bodes well for her future. If she can come around so quickly with me, hopefully her shyness is something that can be overcome. I've promised her that I will make sure that no one ever hurts her again.

The photo is of Bonnie feeling right at home in my house -- looking out the window while perched on the back of my couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment